11.28.2008

tiny dancer

I am sorry dear blog for neglecting you these past few days.
I just had a very stressful and emotional week. The week was basically just a series of small things that built up to an explosion of me listening to Tiny Dancer and bursting into tears. I can't explain it, but this happens to me occasionally. If I'm feeling a little down because of circumstances, and someone says something, or happens, or I hear a song, I can easily start sobbing. And then after a good cry I feel exhausted, but refreshed. And now, I am listening to Tiny Dancer free of tears. My week included cell phone breaking, alarm not working, late for work, cold bedroom, questions about where my future was going, money, pain in my foot, being completely lost in translation with 5 year olds, me crying in a restaurant.... and the list goes on I'm sure, that's just all I can think of right now. My host mom/boss knew that I had passed a tough week and was so sweet to me. She let me finish work for the day today at 14h. And when she went out today to buy her girls dresses for New Years she bought me a beautiful dress for New Years also. I adore her. She has made me feel so at home here in Paris and I am so grateful for all she has done for me. She has really made me feel like part of the family.

And now I will list some positive events from the week. Homemade tarte aux pomme, sketching, warm sweaters, new cell phone, homemade pizza, red wine, in depth conversations, warm hugs, new found music, the Christmas lights of Champs Elysees, the Christmas window displays of Galeries Lafayette, princess picnics on the kitchen floor.

As strange of a week as it was, I feel quite content right now. I've decided that right now the best way to be always happy is to just enjoy the moment and stop thinking about what I am doing next weekend, what I'm doing next month, if I can't stay in France to study etc....




Galeries Lafayette



Champs Elysees & a festive ferris wheel

2 comments:

Eryn red food colouring said...

aww hun. i love you so much. just take every day and make it the best you can. that dress is beautiful and so awesomely french.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.