11.24.2008

another delicious reason to never leave france

Tonight my friend/french-english conversation partner and I went for dessert at Chez Justine. He has impeccable taste in restaurants; great ambiance, not too expensive, and great food and drinks. We ordered chocolat chaude, (dark chocolate of course), and fresh whipped cream. Let me tell you, how the French have a very different concept of "a hot chocolate". They are quite literally made of HOT chocolate. Please take your time imagining.... thick and creamy, just melted dark chocolate, with cream added to it. Then topped with fresh whipped cream and sprinkled with dark cocoa. Yes, this is for real. No cheap North American packages of hot chocolate mixed with water. I was telling my friend about this over messager last night and had her drooling on her keyboard.

my friend - fish
me - cat

fish says:
yummmmmmm
fish says:
i watched a show once where they talked about french hot chocolate and it looked amazing! that sounds sooooooo friggen good
cat says:
this accompanied by tarte au pomme (apple pie) with buttery fresh pastry and mmmm apples topped with real french vanilla ice cream (not chapmans)
cat says:
and a glass of red wine
cat says:
we are going here when you come to paris.
cat says:
and when i visit you we will make real hot chocolate
fish says:
ohhhhh my
fish says:
that sounds sooooooo good
fish says:
my mouth is actually salivating
cat says:
mine too, and i already ate this tonight

le fin

Chez Justine
96, rue Oberkampf - 75011 Paris
Métro Menilmontant/ Parmentier.

I don't think I would last very long back in Canada before going through delicious-French-food and beautiful-bar withdrawal. (and also beautiful-French-boyfriend withdrawal too).