11.05.2008

mon photo

hazeldisco

The potential new name of my blog. For now though, it will remain the header of my blog and I will see if I still like it in a few weeks. Hazel and disco are two of my favourite words.
The Merriam-Webster online dictionary defines them as:

Hazel
1 : any of a genus (Corylus and especially the American C. americana and the European C. avellana) of shrubs or small trees of the birch family bearing nuts enclosed in a leafy involucre 2 : a light brown to strong yellowish brown

Disco
1 : a nightclub for dancing to live and recorded music
2
: popular dance music characterized by hypnotic rhythm, repetitive lyrics, and electronically produced sounds


Two completely unrelated words. This is the first time I have looked up the definitions of either word. Perhaps I am contradicting my previous post titled "your hair is curly, my eyes are hazel". I have always assumed that my greenish brown eyes were considered hazel, but now I am not sure. Based on this definition I would say my eyes are neither light brown or strong yellowish brown.


Also, I can't stop listening to this song "Polaroid Roman Photo", by Ruth, or any French underground 80's music for that matter. But this song in particular....génial! I have been waiting for a song like this for so long. It's been a couple months now since I'd heard a song that I couldn't stop listening to.