11.09.2008

peuf

Last night I went to the China Club* with 4 others. The China club is a three-story jazz bar/resto in Paris. The main floor is a beautiful restaurant decked out in deep reds and shiny black.... it is classy. Beautiful leather sofas sitting across from each other that can fit 3 or 4, with a table in between for dining. This I have yet to do though, because I think I must make a reservation well in advance. The basement is almost as beautiful, with a stage in the corner, for free live music that I assumed was playing every night....but last night, no music. On the top floor is an extension of the restaurant now, but used to be a cigar room (before the law was made just last January 08 that smoking was prohibited indoors in France). Cigar room! I imagine men sitting around in fancy suits, peut-etre even in fancy red robes with ascots smoking their cigars while speaking of politics and trying to be polite. Anyway.... I didn't really eat dinner last night so those 3 glasses of wine last night felt more like 5. And of course, the night ended up with me and one friend at Macdonald's at 2am. I got a happy meal, with apple sauce for dessert.

*The website claims that the China Club is closing down, but the website has not date set, and every time I go, it is still open. I think it's a joke.



These are some photos from last Sunday's flea market scavenging.





No comments: