11.10.2008

rearranging on a rainy day

There are so many things that should be keeping me occupied, but the weather right now is annoying. it is preventing any outdoor strolling, which is normally what I do when I have no spending money, and most of my friends are working, and I have the day off. I prefer to not spend my spare time in my room because it is basically a bed and computer, with a few art supplies. I end up wasting time getting lost on the www and then after regretting it. Or I find my bed, and a book and get lost for 2 hours doing that. Occasionally I will get out my box of crafts and see what magic I can work with my scissors.

Today the weather is gloomy and I'm just really not feeling super inspired. I was planning on going to the Musee D'Orsay today for some sketching, but it is closed on Mondays. (As well as many of the galleries in Paris today). I was out this afternoon until around 3. I needed a new turtleneck with a neck that didn't strangle me. So I found a gray sweatery kind of one for pas très cher. There was a sale in the store that was buy one pull and the 2nd is 50% off. I wasn't a very hard customer to convince. I found a thin navy blue over-the-head knit, with a cute little design around the neck. (i just tried to spell neck with a k: kneck, I sincerely thought it was spelled like that at the moment. Thank you spell check.) Anyway, I was pleased with my little purchases. I returned home, as it was beginning to rain a bit, and that damn buy 1 get the second 50% off sale took my last 15 euros I had with me. I think I was doing a better job saving money before I could understand sales-people. Once home I decided today was the day I would finally put my room in order. Last week we removed the wardrobe from my room, and replaced it with a 3 drawer dress, and a portant vetements (clothes hanger thingy - I can't remember the word in English). The bed is now on the opposite side of my (almost) 1-square meter room. This required some rearranging, which also required me emptying almost all of my belongings into the corridor to make room for the moving of the bed etc.... and now I am stuck with trying to find my bed before I go to bed every night. I am having layout issues. I have been rearranging my room literally since the age of 6. I would lock myself in my room for a couple of hours, and use all my strength I could muster at the age of 6 and push my furniture around until I was content with the new arrangement. Unfortunately this room is so small there are very few options for creativity. It is almost in order, and I will post photos soon.

No comments: