11.16.2008

300 year old cemetaries do not scare me

When you are running low on cash, and it is an over-cast dark Saturday afternoon why not spend the day in a 300 year old cemetary? Père Lachaise is the largest cemetary in Paris, hosting some famous graves such as Jim Morrison, Oscar Wilde, Eugene Delacroix, Edith Piaf, Honore de Balzac.... the list goes on. Is it strange that I find myself very relaxed and in a very pleasent mood when I spend a couple hours in this grim place? Maybe it is, but I don't think I am the only one. I went there a couple of times in the summer and I would always find a few people sitting on the benches and reading. I prefer to just walk down the winding paths observing. It is not your average cemetary, it is actually very beautiful and so big that I am scared of getting lost and then being locked in at night.

1 comment:

Eryn red food colouring said...

that sounds like such a peaceful day. :)