12.01.2008

see you next year november

Hello and welcome to my first post this December. I am so happy that it is December. Why? Because so many amazing things are happening this month. And also because November was relatively a cold and un-eventful month.
Reasons for me to praise December:
  • Christmas
  • Going home for the holidays
  • Seeing all of my friends and family that I haven't seen in 7 months
  • Christmas decorations and an excitement in the air for the coming holiday
  • Shopping for gifts
  • Christmas dinner party (I hope I can have one because I have amazing plans for holiday appetizers)
  • New Years
  • New Years in London
On Saturday I went to 2 amazing restaurants. The night began with some girlfriends at La Perla, a Mexican restaurant in the Marais. Friendly waiters, delicious and inexpensive wine, with complimentary salsa and tortilla chips. An amazing house salsa, which inspired me to make my own homemade salsa this week. After drinks came dinner (and more drinks) with my boyfriend, his brother, and some of their friends. It was at La Main D'or, a restaurant not far from where I live, which I walk past almost every day without realizing what an amazing menu it had. The cuisine is "Corsican", which is a kind of Mediterranean cuisine; lots of tomatoes, cheeses.... delicious filling food! I especially enjoyed my appetizer which I think was basically spinach cheese balls, in a tomato cheese sauce.... amazing. After I was a little drunk, and quite well fed me and the dinner group, met up with the drinks group from earlier, at Motel. It was a super packed and inexpensive bar. Full of every kind of person, from every nationality it seemed. It was really small, but had a great atmosphere and really cheap beers which is I guess why it is so popular. At about 1:30am big beautiful snow flakes began falling from the sky. We went outside and enjoyed the beauty for 10 minutes, where it then began to rain a typical cold winter Parisian rain. We went back inside and warmed up and had another beer or two.
It was a lovely night.

The next day (Sunday) was Clementine's birthday party. She is turning 7, the perfect age for a boy/girl birthday party. They aren't scared or hating each other yet. There were 12 children to the birthday party; 6 boys and 6 girls. They were all so incredibly adorable and French speaking. Her mom planned an amazing party for her. With lots of games, 2 pinatas, 2 cakes, and a scavenger hunt in the park. She worked so hard on the scavenger hunt! With 2 teams, and clues hidden within the park, leading from one clue to the next. And at the end of the clues was the "Snow Treasure". Each team was to find a treasure box which was filled with fake (and very realistic looking) snow, shiny crystal looking decorations, and of course candy. The kids loved it. I am definitely stealing this idea for the far future when I have to start planning birthdays for my future children.









I have a secret. I don't like Dallas Green....at all. I'm sorry, his voice just makes me anxious and a little pissed off. "Save Your Scissors" just played, and I just realized that I cannot listen to him anymore. Sorry guy, but I just couldn't keep this secret anymore.

Someone who I do enjoy listening to is Thomas Fersen. Listen, and I'm sure you will like.

No comments: