12.14.2008

not shiny

means dull. which is a Saturday night spent babysitting. I am stuck here missing 1 mexican dinner with friends, and 2 parties. And it rained today....all day. A cold winter rain. With a few little flakes of snow. Pity me.


No wait. I am living in Paris. Envy me.


My friend O came for dinner, which brought some fun into what could have been a 6 hour night of complete boredom. We snooped on blogs and facebook. I was planning on spending the even watching Disney movies, but I think that was more interesting. The family finally got a Christmas tree today! The living room smells like pine. I love it. French pine trees aren't as prickly as the ones in Canada. I'll try to squeeze one in my suitcase to bring back....on Wednesday. I am going back to sunny and warm Canada for Noel! I am so excited to see everyone. I cannot believe that it has been almost 7 months since I have last seen my family and friends. But what is more unbelievable is that I have only 5 months left here. That really truly puts tears in my eyes. I love this place. J'aime Paris!!!! I know...trop fromage....but it's coming from my heart. I came here for so many reasons, many personal reasons. Here are a few:
  1. To do something independant, more than ever before. To be challenged by starting life in another country. I feel satisfied in saying I feel completely at home here.
  2. To learn French. duh
  3. To continue an amazing relationship
  4. To live somewhere beautiful and inspiring
That's just listing a few....

On Friday night I went to a French party with my French-face (French boyfriend), and I am proud to announce that I spoke French almost the entire time! I still have this mental image of myself not really being able to speak French, so I have this habit of regularly apologizing during a conversation in French, for my terrible French. But last night was different. I was having 1 hour conversations in French with ease. There were a few times when I couldn't perfectly form the phrase, or remember a specific word in French, but basically I was speaking French. And, was even told that my accent was good. It was an excellent party. I was hit on by 5 different guys, spilled a bottle of wine, and practiced my French for 4 whole hours! Je suis content.

1 comment:

Eryn red food colouring said...

your delusional if you think 'I am going back to sunny and warm Canada'. haha.

altho today is actually fantastic outside. you come TOMORROW!!!!! yyayaya