12.09.2008

see you and me

Hi, how are you?
You don't have answer, to me, just to yourself. I just thought I'd ask, seeing as a blog is just a one-way conversation.
My blog is basically just for me.... to preserve little memories from my life that could easily be forgotten, to store things I find through the internet, to help feel more in-sync with myself sometimes, for a few family and friends to be updated. Sometimes it is more than that though. It is mine, and I like that. Right now, I am really using it as a way of self expression. I would never tell my deepest secrets to my blog, or share my most creative ideas, but sometimes it is a way of thinking out loud, which I often need to do. It gives me an excuse to snoop on the web and not feel like I'm wasting time. I would just like to take this moment, and say "thank you blog".


I was thinking the other day about how small French apartments are. I have been complaining for the past few months about living in a chambre de bon, and there are people living here in Paris that have been doing that almost all their life! So I then started wondering how French people don't go completely mad staying cooped up in tiny apartments all day. That is what cafe's are for. Only in France can you order one little espresso and literally stay in the cafe for 8 hours without being bother to order more, or asked to leave. French cafe's and resto's are just the continuation of people's living rooms. I see people having birthdays, doing their taxes, studying, sketching, kissing, writing, reading, wine drinking, fighting, doing their make-up, visiting with friends....the list goes on. I think this has a lot to do with the strong culture of France. Instead of complaining about my small room, I'm going to be happy about the fact that I have about 100 comfortable living rooms all just a 5 or 10 minute walk from my house. And all it costs me is 1.50 euro.

Lee Miller
(In Hitlers bathtub)
(Seriously, she was)




It snowed today and its cold, so I am posting some photos I found that remind me somehow of the weather today. Most of them are Rodney Smith. It snowed big fluffy snowflakes for about 10 minutes, then of course, turned to rain directly after. I made "chocolat chaud". Not to be confused with hot chocolate. I melted dark chocolate with milk, and it was the perfect solution for the cold. I sat inside the house looking out the window and watched the snow fall. The kids were cold when I picked them up after school, so I made some more chocolat chaud.

This photo reminds me of Samuel Beckett's writing.

Is there a better way to end the day than to sleep in the arms of the one you love? These are my most cherished moments because when I am laying there with him I don't think about the supposedly important things in life like money, career, consumerism, to do list....

No comments: