9.22.2008

ranger la chambre!

This is NOT Julie Andrews. As jealous as I am of French children, I am so pleased that I was able to watch Disney films in the original language. This is just embarrassing in French. Je suis désolé French Mary Poppins.


Why do I envy French children? Because they....
  1. have European Citizenship
  2. are always well dressed
  3. can eat pastries for breakfast
  4. sound adorable when they speak in their little French voices
I was singing "Spoonfull of Sugar" to the kids while we were tidying up the toys, and they were complaining because I didn't know the words in French. So to make everyone happy I started singing it in a made-up kind of Italian language, and they joined in. I'm glad the parents didn't come home while we were doing this, as I am supposed to be teaching them English, not fake Italian mumbles.

2 comments:

frauz said...

Is it weird that I used to really want to wear bright colored ties with shorts and knee socks like that boy as a kid? Maybe I am a lesbian...

fille said...

Wierd and cute! You were a kid, I wont judge you. you should probably start dressing like that now to make up for lost time