9.27.2008

bittersweet with a blue tint

The first time I watched the Royal Tenenbaums I wasn't incredibly impressed. I thought it was good, but I thought it was a little bland. I was really tired this night too I remember. And I think I had just finished watching Fight Club, and felt like watching something else. I thinks it's too much to watch those movies consecutively. I wasn't thrilled with the movie, however I loved Elliot Smith, "Needle in the Hay".

Now, this is my favourite movie. Since about 3 years ago. I can watch it repeatedly and never become tired of it. Last summer (07) I think I watched atleast 10 times. This scene is my favourite from this movie, or any movie. This scene is just mesmerizing. I hate thinking about blood, especially thinking about it coming from someones wrist, but somehow it doesn't disgust me in the least in this scene. It is beautiful, every part of it, plain and simple. The colours, the blood, Luke Wilson....
....is that creepy??



Wes Anderson's movies have never failed to entertain me. Not just in an LOL way, but also the way they are filmed is beautiful. Everything I would want to see, hear and feel in a movie, is a Wes Anderson film. He puts so much thought into simple details in the film, such as the font in The Royal Tenenbaums. Throughout the duration of the film, only "Futura" font is used. On the buses, on papers, any signs.... everything is Futura.

see more shots from the movie with Futura font

En plus, the soundtrack was made for me. I love every song. Thank you, thank you Wes.

No comments: