9.12.2008

breakfast in bed

Today my mon petit copain served me breakfast in bed. Pain au chocolat, jus du pomme, et un café. It was a perfect morning.

I think I will have to add this to my list of "favourite things".

So, I'm trying to get some ideas for halloween this year. Apparently the French don't celebrate it. But I'm sure there will be so many things happending in Paris for it anyway because of all the international students and fille au pairs such as myself. I have celebrated halloween every years since the age of 2, and I am not stopping now. I was trying to remember what some of my past costumes have been, but my memory is terrible. I remember an episode of the Weekenders where Tino is finding the perfect halloween costume. He also takes Halloween very seriously. In the episode his attic is actually a secret halloween costume chamber, where each costume he has worn in his life is stored in a clear case, labeled with the year he wore it. I could really use one of those secret chambers. I can only think of about half of them:
  • age 6 - an M&M (I was an orange one, my sister was yellow, and grandma made the costumes)
  • age 7 - a witch
  • age 12 - the men in black (with my friend) basically just our dads black suit jackets and sunglasses, but even still, my class voted for me as the best costume in class!
  • age 13 - a genie
  • age 14 - hobbit (I had a cape!)
  • age 15 - fireman, and ghost
  • age 18 - princess peach, and boyfriend at the time was super mario
  • age 19 - ladybug (the costume was finely crafted by yours-truly)
  • age 20 - a doll (with fake eyelashes!) and white trash (a white garbage bag dress with garbage taped to it)
This year, I would like to try something more classy....I've always wanted to dress up like audrey hepburn, just to actually be that classy for one night and have an excuse to go all out, would be a dream. I just want to attempt to be as beautiful , classy and graceful as Audrey for one night.

Audrey Hepburn

OR.... if not Audrey, then Nico. Velvet Underground Nico. She is a very different kind of beautiful than Audrey. Not as classy or graceful. But she sang in the velvet underground, and her heavy 60's eye make-up is so appealing. Basically I just need an excuse to play dres-up....and Halloween is the perfect one!

Nico

footnote:
If anyone who knows me reads this and remembers some of my past halloween costumes that I have forgotten, just make a comment and tell me so I can add it! Thanks.

No comments: