9.03.2008

j'adore le brassy deer lamp

So, I realize that it is Mercredi already, but I am now going to post about Dimanche, la semaine dernière. It was a perfect last day of summer! Two friends of mine and I went to St. ouen, un puce de paris (giant flea market). There was an abundance of antique and retro furniture....of course I loved it. But seeing as I only have a bedroom, and it's the size of big closet I couldn't justify buying an of the beautiful vintage furniture. I bought a pair of vintage glasses frames, and I will get some lenses put in when I have money. There were some strange things there, and of course lots of junk. But I like junk.

One of my favourite lamps....a marble slab, with a
brass deer and a glass ball that has a light under it.

I really loved this market though. It was a rain off and on kind of morning, but by noon the sun was shining! The flea market was so big, with little ally ways and lights strung up over the stalls. It was dirty but had lustre.
Almost bought some glasses frames here,
there were an assortment of glasses in a
bucket sitting beside these toys.

We spent the whole morning here, and a bit into the afternoon. Then randomly walked throughout the Latin Quarter. Spending money in cafe's and bars etc. Then at around 7 took a touristy boat cruise on the Seine.


We were incredibly obnoxious and immature on the cruise. The wind was making us giddy I think. The night ended with my friend and I having the worst 10 euro, 3 course meal of our lives. Sad to say, it was in Paris. I don't want to go into details. Barf. Everything tasted like cardboard. But still it was an amazing day. It's one of those days that are so nice you fall asleep reminiscing of the day and probably laying in bed smiling. I have a lot of days like this in Paris.





No comments: