10.21.2008

look, walk, tick, tock

October is now more than half over. My birthday is in 2 days, and for some reason I am feeling very nervous about turning 21. I have now officially been to 2 different post-secondary schools and completed neither. I have lived in Vancouver, Toronto, and now currently in Paris. I have no idea what the future holds for me. "What will I be when I grow-up?" This question is no longer suitable because ....I am grown-up, and still have no idea what to do with my life. I know what I love and who I love, and really, that is what is most important to me. Nevertheless, I do need some cheering up, and this is rainy day, so I will post some of my favourite memories from the beautiful month of October thus far. So many inspirations....so many leaves to crunch, cafes to sit in, views to see, galleries to visit, streets to walk, clothes to shop, crafts to make, pictures to take.


These photos describe my month of October thus far. To me, the most beautiful month. And so far, it has proved to be. I look forward to the rest of the month.

photo1.
I cut my bangs myself last week. No regrets, I am satisfied.

photo2.
My beautiful new boots! A one-and-a-half inch heal, and I am proud to say I can actually walk in them successfully. Plus they look amazing with everything I own. Vintage, leather, dark brown. I love.

photo3.
There were puddles everywhere with freshly fallen leaves floating on them. It was a beautiful day. Les enfants were playing in the park, and it was a warm autumn day. It had rained earlier, but stopped.

photo4.
Just outside metro Iena. Trying to find a free museum, it ended up being closed that day. The Eiffel Tower looked beautiful behind the trees, there was a fog over the city that day, that made everything look so soft.

photo5.
A delicious dish of pasta at my favourite restaurant/cafe: Café de l'Industrie. I had a wonderful birthday dinner there with my friends the Vendredi just passed. It was the perfect number of people and the perfect food. And very nice gifts too. A painting & a mixed CD with significant songs from O. A hat, mitts and Chanel lipstick from Virginie and Aurelie. Swedish ginger cookies from Elisabeth. And a silver necklace with my initial on it from Elisabetta.

photo6.
A dog drawn on the sidewalk in chalk. It looked beautiful on the sunny day with the crunchy orange leaves fallen on the chalk drawing. My eyes are constantly searching for anything related to a dog. Valentin, the little boy is obsessed with "chien". He not only loves dogs, but he loves the word. He uses it as a descriptive word. If he wants more food, he points at it and says "chien!".

photo7.
At Square Trusseau, waiting on a bench while les enfants are playing. I look up and realize how beautiful the trees branches look. The dark almost empty branches in contrast to the light and hazy blue/grey sky.

photo8.
A clock I found at Habitat. I was considering taking a trip to Amsterdam for my week off at the end of October. I am instead going to the south of France to French-Faces summer house for 5or6 days. The clock however has more significance than just a possible trip. I actually quite like the clock, but clocks are scaring me right now. There is a clock in the back of my mind constantly ticking as each days passes, reminding me that each day is one day less I can spend in Paris. This makes me sad. Je t'aime Paris more than I have ever loved another place in the world. I must forget about the damn clock and live in the moment. I was given advice last night when I told my clock theory: "Don't pay any attention to that clock! While you are looking at it, or thinking about it, you are not looking at something here, or thinking about something here... there, that is your Monday night scolding."
This is good advice, thankyou.

photo9.
Playing with the double mirrors in an H&M change room. I loved the dress, in my new favourite colour: navy blue, so I bought it.

photo10.
Yet another beautiful sunset from my bedroom window. Maybe next time I will try for a sunrise?

photo11.
A must have shoe. A black heel with yarn embroidered onto it? Um.... yes please.
Only one problem....

photo12.
This was a vintage store where everything was 5 euros. In the back of the store was a corner with mannequin legs in a pile of shoes. The beautiful heel featured above caught my eye. It was a must have. And, of course, there was only one. I looked in that pile of shoes for over 20 minutes, and nothing! Merde! I was so tempted to just buy the one shoe.

1 comment:

frauz said...

How did you make your posts so wide? I need to do that! I'm searching for trottinettes, blehh!!