1.05.2009

foudroyant

means dazzling. Which is a word that
can start to describe my last two weeks.
Where can I begin? Those were the best and
busiest two weeks I've had in such a long
time! I realize now that the before my break
I was quite stressed. I can feel the difference
now. So two weeks have passed since my
previous post, and I am pleased to report
that I set a new personal record for traveling:
3 countries, 3 days, 3 different time zones.
My wonderful 2 weeks began in Toronto.
I went back home to snowy Canada for
Christmas. I wasn't sure at first if I needed
to be home for the holidays, but I now I am
so glad that I decided to go. It was amazing
to see so many friends and family that I had
gone seven months without seeing. And
being without my closest friends after
seven months....nothing had changed at all.
We could still laugh, joke and cry about the
same things we had before. I would most
definitely consider myself lucky to have
such beautiful and inspiring people in my
life right now. Even if there is an ocean
between me and some of the people I love.
My third day back in Canada, there was a
blizzard. It was gorgeous; big fluffy snow
flakes covering the asphalt-grey city in a
thick, white, winter blanket. That day I was
to go to my parents house, which is in a
small town roughly two hours from the
city and stay there for the rest of my holiday.
I did end up making it back that day, but
the normally two hour trip became a
four hour trip because of all the snow. It
was amazing how the snow continued to fall
big thick snowflakes for almost two days.
I even had time to do some holiday baking!
Big chewy ginger cookies sprinkled in sugar,
and caramel corn! mmmm they both turned
very well. I used some of them as gifts, or to
just be eaten at Christmas gatherings.

And of course, an even spent drinking and
tobogganing with my friends.


No comments: