1.24.2009

moi et un parapluie

My hands are sitting here on my keyboard, wanting to type so many thoughts and experiences.... but it has been so long that I don't know where to start. Blog posting became such a part of my basic routine, that now since I've been out for so long it feels strange getting back in. I guess I'll start with a simple friendly greeting to start.

Oh hi. How have you been? I know, it feels like it has been so long! Yes, almost two weeks to be exact. I have really been very busy. I am in the midst of applying to University here in Paris. It is so stressful, and it has been literally consuming me and my life for the past 2 weeks. I must apply to the university through Campus France. It is a website designed specifically for your country of origin, and you must fill out a lifetime of information into the application. I will be so content when the process is complete and I never have to log onto the soul sucking site of Campus France.

Nothing major has really happened recently, other than university related things. And although it has been such a big part of this month, and will continue to be for a while, I am just so tired of speaking of it, that I won't go into any more details here. There, that is my explanation for my lack of posting. I will try to keep this blog as free from treacherous university related things as possible.

It has been raining almost every day off and on the past week. The sky is grey-white and the sun is clearly no where to be found today. C'est dommage. But yesterday, after an intense down-pour of rain and immense winds, the sun came out. It was beautiful to say the least. Every surface was glazed in water, and the sun reflected off the entire city. Everything was illuminated, looking so fresh and vibrant. It was the equivalent of Paris at night, but in the day. Paris shines like a diamond at night, with the lights on the river and lighting up the sky. The buildings at night showing subtle details when the light shines on them.



In other news, it looks likes I will be going back to Canada for a few days for some interviews/ French tests in about a month. eeep poor little bank account.