8.25.2008

tele marketing & au pair

I am a fille au pair for 3 wonderful little monsters in Paris!
Les enfants: Clementine - 6, Anais - 5, et Valentin - 2 (deux filles et un garçon....)
I have just started this week. This job is still shiny and new, and les enfants are very well behaved. I have nothing to complain about....yet.
So I am preparing dinner, and les enfants have just finished taking a bath. La mere told me earlier that day that I could be expecting a delivery of groceries to the house. Anyway, the doorbell rings. I'm in the midst of making some kind of dinner that required me to get my hands dirty, so I awkwardly answer the door, and of course les enfants come running to see the company. They are nude. The man is trying to explain something to me, but I can't understand. I see that his shirt say "Tele market"....and he is holding a clip board....and he is asking for the le monsieur ou la madame of the house. A telemarketer I think? Boring.... So I try to tell him, sorry we are not interested, thanks, come another time. Meanwhile, Clementine the talker is telling this stranger all we have done today and that la mere is bringing pizza for dinner tonight etc.... et Anais is running around the hallway nude, running between this dudes legs, stepping on his feet etc.... et Valentin, I'm running after him so he doesn't attempt the stairs. The telemarketer seems really disappointed that he can't come in, and that les parents are not here...."domage" he says. I wonder why he is so stressed.... there are some neighbours he could go sell to. But I am persistent, "nous ne sommes pas intéressés"....we are not interested!

During dinner that night .... le pere, "did the grocery delivery come tonight?
"No, but there was a persistent telemarketer at the door tonight" - moi
"Tele Market is the name of the company we order our groceries from...."
embarrassment - moi
"I guess we will just have to order pizza for the rest of the week" - le pere

....luckily, the guy came back later with the groceries. relief.

No comments: