8.10.2009

unfiltered passions




















My friend Dave wrote a script in high school for a thesis for end of grade 12 something.... and one of the lines in the script I will always remember. Something deep to write in grade 12, a quote that I use on occasion.




"Alcohol is a catalyst for unfiltered passions" -my friend Dave




The above photos do not represent the meaning of that quote. I just really like the quote. These photos are my attempt at creating beautiful photography. I am borrowing my boyfriends fathers 1976 Minolta X-700 SLR camera for the rest of the summer. I enjoy taking photos and I find beauty in almost everything. Little things in life amaze me.... like last night on the drive from Toronto to my small hometown there was a ridiculous summer thunderstorm. It rained so hard we pulled over into a KFC parking lot, and waited about 10 minutes for the rain to die down a bit. It was only 8:45pm but it looked like 11pm. The sky was so dark. When the rain cleared you could see a strip of sky peeking out from underneath the black. The dark sky looming over intensified the sunset, which was butter yellow, contrasting with the dark blue clouds above it. As the sun set further there were pinks and greens and yellows mixing together. I asked my mom to pull over to the side of the highway where I wasted about half of the film.

No comments: