3.11.2009

breadsticks & bubbles

Hello.

It has been far too long since I last posted something. Not because I had nothing to post, just because of time. But.... I'm back! That's all.

I am so incredibly happy to be back in Paris. I genuinely love this place. Really, I do. I feel like everything is back on track....for the moment. I still have lingering thoughts of exams, visas, consulates, interviews.... But for now, I am trying to forget about that and just enjoy. Today is a beautiful sunny day in Paris. A bit cool still but in the sun, we hardly need our jackets. Welcome, spring. Please don't tease me and send back the cold, tell me you are here to stay. In one week, if it stays warm I'm moving my winter jackets to the deepest, darkest corner under my bed.

It is Wednesday, and the kids don't have school so I take care of them all day. The girls wanted a snack and decided on breadsticks. I was sitting on the ledge of the window, leaning against the railing trying to cover myself in sun rays, and Clementine brought me a breadstick covered in sesame seeds. I was suddenly brought back to the summers of my childhood. You know that feeling? When you eat, hear or smell something, and it triggers a memory? That happened just moments ago.

Speaking of childhood, I know I'm going to sound so old granny-ish....but, what's with kids these days?? The girls were glued to the television watching some lame show with teenagers and horses. barf. I thought I would rescue them, so I opened the huge windows in the living room because I know they love to look out; the apartment is on the 4th floor and its perfect for people watching. And I brought a big bottle of bubbles and two bowls of icecream, and I sat on the window sill and blew bubbles. They didn't notice I was doing any of this, so I told them to come over to the window and play with me. They looked at me for a second, then came over, took the bowls of icecream and went and sat back down on the couches. stab. So I blew bubbles for a while, enjoying myself, until they yelled at me to close the window because they couldn't hear the tv. Ohhhh kids these days. I know that bubbles and open windows were fun for me when I was 7....and apparently nothing has changed.

No comments: